Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How can I query Collections, workflows, ADUsers and User groups from MongoDB ?

Aparanjith_DSG
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am looking to prepare a workflow by connecting to Mongo DB and pull the information which we have in the Alteryx gallery for Collections, workflows, ADUsers and User groups.

How can we pull this information?

I am able to build the workflow to pull in the information for CollectionName, WorkflowName and ADUsers available, but I am not able to get the UserGroups associated with those collections.

Attached is the workflow I prepared to get the information I am looking for. Only thing I need here is to pull the UserGroups associated with those collections.

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

That information is included in the MongoDB collection (table) you're reading from. Documentation says that data structure is similar to what you'd find within the "Users" column, but I believe it won't include all the details you may be looking for.

You may have to add another MongoDB Input and pull in "userGroups" and join that to what you pulled from the "collections" table.

You should also take a look at getting this information from the Server API service. There's also a tool you can download/install from the Marketplace to help design a workflow to interact with the API.

oyes2704
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Aparanjith_DSG ,

there's great MongoDB schema documentation here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/configure/mongodb-management/mongodb-schema-reference/alt...

Collections tale will have field: 

• UserGroups: (Array) Array containing info on the user groups the collection is shared with. The data structure is the same as Users

Then you should look into the UserGroups table for the references.

Best,

Oly