Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Help needed || Alteryx Server version from 2021.4 to 2022.1

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

We have currently upgraded Alteryx Server version from 2021.4 to 2022.1

• Is there are any requirements to the user as part of the new version upgrades? 
  • Will the user have to update their desktop designer licence version to the new one to maintain continuity? 
  • Will there be any new requirements to run previously generated scripts?
  • A user is getting AMP is not checked on server, but in the designer config info it says AMP is checked by default on server. 

When I checked the Alteryx system settings, I found AMP Engine option is 'unchecked'. If I check the option & restart the services, will it resolve the issue?

Please assist.

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @EN6924 ,

• Is there are any requirements to the user as part of the new version upgrades? 
  • Will the user have to update their desktop designer licence version to the new one to maintain continuity? 
    • Not needed. The designer can be on the same or lower version than the server
  • Will there be any new requirements to run previously generated scripts?
    • No, but the opposite happens. If a user with an older version of designer tries opening a workflow from server created with a newer version, the user is not allowed and will receive a message about it. (not entirely sure if you are unable or if you only get a notification about it)
  • A user is getting AMP is not checked on server, but in the designer config info it says AMP is checked by default on server. 

When I checked the Alteryx system settings, I found AMP Engine option is 'unchecked'. If I check the option & restart the services, will it resolve the issue?

• Yes, you must check the box on the controller > general as well as on the engine > general

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino