Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery app needs to copy a file from a file system folder to a SharePoint folder

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

To describe my current workflow...

1. I have a Gallery app that takes parameters from the user, and then runs our Min-Max Inventory algorithm based on those parameters.
  2. At the end of the Min-Max algorithm, the app updates a sheet in an Excel file in a file system folder. This Excel file has two sheets: (1) the data sheet that Alteryx updates, and (2) the report sheet with a Pivot Table that references the massive dataset in the data sheet and makes it presentable to the user. We are keeping this Excel file in a protected folder so that non-admin users can't make changes to it.
  3. After updating that Excel file, the app copies it to another file system folder using the Run Command tool and the XCOPY command. This shared folder is accessible to the users so they can now get to the file. We are not locking the Excel file because the users may want to copy the file to their machines and add some of their own calculations to it (e.g. for "What If" analyses), which is why we're maintaining the original "template" file in the protected folder in Step [2].

The Problem: Due to configurations in our network/system, our offices in countries outside of our "home country" can't access the shared folder in Step [3]. So, we need to change Step [3].

• We are considering moving that entire step to SharePoint, which can be accessed by our entire company, regardless of geographic location.
  • However, I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I've tried changing the destination folder in Step [3] to the HTTPS address provided by our SharePoint admin, but it's not working.
  • The app isn't throwing any errors and the file in the protected folder is getting updated as described in Step [2], but the file isn't getting copied in the target SharePoint folder.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance! 😊

0 REPLIES 0