Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery Connection logs for Designer runs?

wesleygrey
7 - Meteor

Is it possible to search within my log files or my MongoDB when a certain Gallery connection was run on Designer? I know that my server has to be pinged to obtain the ODBC-translated Gallery connection, so I was wondering if that shows up in the logs somewhere in the form of either a user name or a workflow name/ID. I'm aware I'll likely have to piece together several Mongo tables to get the full picture, but a log of this type of event I'm looking for is a good start. I can easily obtain much of this info from workflows run on the Gallery, but my focus here is for local Designer runs.

My org isn't currently able to use customer telemetry to obtain Designer usage, I want to see if at least this is an option. Basically, I want to accomplish a few things here: I want to check if users are running certain queries on their desktops when our business rules require such queries to run on the server. I also want to compile a list of queries and tables run by Designer users. If a org-wide SQL table gets updated, I want to anticipate how this impacts workflows using these updated tables. Again, I've seen this data in Gallery logs too, but not sure if a Designer-equivalent is out there.

Certain search keywords would be helpful. Thanks!

Wes

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

I don't believe so. The connection configs/params from a GDC aren't pushed to someone when running their workflow on their local Designer. That information already exists on the end-users machine. The GDC's a user has access to are updated when a user launches Designer or when they manually sync from the "Manage Data Connections" settings.

The connection details for the shared GDC's are stored in an XML file, but is encrypted. The XML file can be found in.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\GalleryAlias.xml

You may have better luck looking through the logs of your DB and see if there's any connection attributes that may allow you to tie back to a user (IP address maybe?)