Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Excel output gallery with specific format

ospinett
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!!

I have this workflow that creates an excel file with a specific format using a python script. This script also saves the excel file in a local server path.

python.PNG

This workflow has to be executed from the client's gallery and the user has to be able to download the excel file.

When I run this workflow locally, it works fine because the path exists.

But when I published the workflow to the gallery, the file doesn't appear in spite of I have checked the file in the assets.

Server output.PNG

PD: I'm using Alteryx 2019.4.  I can't use the default report tools because the excel file that I'm generating is too big and the report tool doesn't work very well in this kind of file.

Thanks so much for your help!!
1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It's hard to pass comment without seeing the workflow in detail and discussing the set-up, however, let's assume there's an issue somewhere which we can't fix, a work around would be to use the email tool to email the file as an attachment to your user.

Whether that's acceptable or not to your client though is another question!

I'd probably consider reaching out to Alteryx support on this as I think it's going to need a screenshare to get to the bottom of!

One further thing I can say is that your script is no longer refencing the saved file location given in your assets _externals\....

Ben