Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Excel File Updates

cpet13
8 - Asteroid

I have a desktop workflow that I am trying to put onto the server, but the workflow has a source of an excel file.  When moving the desktop workflow to the server, I have to select the excel file as an asset to be moved with the workflow. The excel file will be updated occasionally; the desktop workflow will be able to see and work with the changes, but the server workflow won't. How can I get the server excel file to be updated with the changes? Is that even possible?

1 REPLY 1
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

When you setup the excel file in the flow, it needs to be using a network share path.

When you upload it to the server, you dont select it as an asset. That will force the workflow to reach out to the original location for the excel file.

One stipulation to this is that the account used to run the workflow must have access to the network path. If the default server account or the credentials set as  the run as credentials dont have access to the share location, it will not work.

The other option would be to periodically open the gallery version of the flow, update the excel and save the workflow with the new file.