Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Emongorestore function not working/responding when trying to duplicate new Server Sandbox

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up a new Sandbox environment that mirrors our production server and am following the steps provided in this article: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/server/server-host-recovery-guide (setting up this old version with test migration and usage of 2022.3)

I am on Part 2 step 1 trying to do the Mongo restore using a backup of our production server.

The AlteryxService is off and I am running the command as an admin but am not getting a response like shown in the screenshot shown in the article of "running...finished" and don't see a restored file in my target folder. When I hit enter, it just starts a new command immediately so not sure where I'm going wrong. I believe the syntax is correct because if I make a change, I get a syntax error. Hopefully, I'm making just a silly mistake as I'm relatively new to this type of admin work.

Any help or ideas are very appreciated!

Patrick

8 REPLIES 8
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @patrickmckenna88 it's hard to tell, but one thing that might help is checking that the AlteryxService isn't running from Task Manager; and also checking whether mongo is running in task manager/processes

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

@OllieClarkeThanks, the AlteryxService is still stopped and I don't see anything mongo related in the tasks/processes.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@patrickmckenna88 Is the filepath correct for the restore location? I'm assuming that this is an embedded mongo in which case I'd expect the Service\Persistence to be in ProgramData. If you want to restore it elsewhere then I believe the directory needs to exist, but the documentation you're following is explicitly for an embedded mongo

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

@OllieClarke Good question. Yes, I set it up to be an embedded mongo but due to some storage limit concerns that I had, IT had instructed me to try to deploy to the D drive vs C so I uninstalled and reinstalled on the D drive so now the Service is in the D drive. Maybe that has something do with my issues though. Here's pictures what each of those folders looks like currently. 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@patrickmckenna88 can you show me what's in D:\Alteryx Workspace\Service\Persistence and its subdirectories please?

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

@OllieClarke Ya definitely! 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @patrickmckenna88 ,

I think you have to drop the .exe from your command.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

patrickmckenna88
7 - Meteor

hi @fmvizcaino thanks! I just tried that and still didn't get a message back on the command, it just started a new line. The syntax from the recovery guide included the .exe