Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Email tool on server returning errors when opening the pdf

emmabeck_8
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that produces a pdf either telling the receiver of the email that there was an error in their data (& will still be uploaded) or the data was uploaded without errors. I have added in control containers to only output 1 pdf and the set up in the render tool is identical for both paths of the workflow. When I run this workflow in Designer, both render tools create output pdfs i.e. if the success path contained data, both render tools would contain the success pdf. However, when I upload this onto Alteryx Server, schedule the workflow and open the email in Outlook, I receive the following error 'Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open the pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged'. 

I previously had this workflow without the control containers on Alteryx Server but was having issues with blank pdfs being produced and thought control containers might fix my issue

I have also seen other users having problems with the render tool and was wondering if that could be the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

0 REPLIES 0