Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Dropdown list is not populated by columns from user-attached file from File Browse tool.

leannedayao_ds
5 - Atom

Hello!

Dropdown list is not being populated by columns from user-attached file from File Browse tool in Server version 2023.1.

dropdown.PNG

Is this a bug on the latest version of Alteryx? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Has this app design worked for you in older versions? I tried something similar before, and it has never worked for me, even in the older versions.

As I understand it, the Drop Down Tool loads its data as part of loading/opening the app, so it happens before your user can upload their file to the File Browse Tool.

If I really need to take the data from the user's file, I'd use Chained Apps. The first app uses the File Browse Tool to take the file from the user, and then create/update a file/database in the backend. Then, the second app has the Drop Down Tool that references that file/database.

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

<snipped because the forum just duplicated my earlier reply>

SashaPugliese
5 - Atom

This was actually something that always worked for us but doesn't work in the latest version of Server.

npariso
10 - Fireball

This issue is also occurring with the excel file sheet names. It's a new bug.

See here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/File-Browse-interface-tool-delayed-Excel...

npariso
10 - Fireball

Any updates as to when this is expected to be fixed?