Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Designer on our Server is running slow after upgrading to 2023.1

Our server desktop designer was running fast on the previous version, but when I upgraded it to 2023.1, it now takes forever to view the output results of a tool and is super slow (27s on average) when switching between tools and when opening and closing workflows. The server is set up on AWS with 8 cores 2.5GHz and 64GBs of ram. Running those same workflows on our other machine that is a less powerful, physical machine has no problems or change in speed after upgrading. I've done all the restarts and such to rule out the basics. Also, the resource monitor doesn't show anything struggling.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jonathan_hornbeck ,

I have had this issue before with many previous versions and the only thing that really helped was to do a clean uninstall using a tool such as REVO to remove everything. 

I was never able to find the reason but it could be a bad registry or something like that. Perhaps the Alteryx Support crew could give you more insights on it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Thanks Castor, 

Hopefully we don't have to do this, but thanks for the info.

Hi Fernando (@fmvizcaino),

I had one more question. When you did a clean uninstall, did the regular MongoDB and system settings backups persist and were they able to get it back up and running like before the uninstall? Meaning, I don't want to lose any of the schedules or stored workflows. I'm assuming so, but if you are doing a clean uninstall it usually removes everything. Thanks for your help!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jonathan_hornbeck ,

You have to keep the configuration files as well as the MongoDB folder.

Here is more about it: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/server/critical-server-files-and-settings-backup

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino