Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Creating an output excel file in Share Point from Alteryx Gallery

Alteryx_new
6 - Meteoroid

Hi ,

I am able to create an output excel file using Alteryx Designer , basically what I have done is I have synched the Share Point drive so that I can access the work flows in the share point drive  from my local drive  and write to the same location in the share point by specifying the path in the output data tool.

But when scheduled these flows in the Alteryx Gallery , the work flow has failed because the system cannot find the path specified in the output data tool .

Is there a way that we can schedule these work flows from Alteryx Gallery and produce the excel output in the Share Point using the output data tool.

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Not out of the box. A synced SharePoint drive is only available to you while you're interactively logged into your machine and why it works when you run the workflow from you local Designer. Even if the SharePoint sync was installed on your Alteryx Server, it would still likely not work because Alteryx runs jobs as a background/non-interactive session where the sync utility wouldn't be active.

You can try using this tool, but they do require the use of the Data Connection Manager (DCM) in order to run your workflow on Server.

Sharepoint Tools

Outside of that, you'd have to create your own process to interact with SharePoint's API service to upload your file.