Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Cannot synchronise DCM between Server & Designer

chrisha
11 - Bolide

Hi everyone,

we've recently upgraded to Alteryx 2022.3 and would like to make use of the DCM for managing our credentials.

We have DCM enabled on both the Server and the Designer machines (screenshot from Designer machine, settings identical on Server):

chrisha_0-1681982361148.png

When trying to synchronise credentials on the Designer, however, we cannot connect to our Gallery:

Server connection failed. Check your network connection and server credentials.

chrisha_1-1681982421880.png

Connecting to the Gallery for opening and saving Workflows works without a problem. We are using "Integrated Windows authentication with Kerberos" for authenticating users.

Any points what might be the issue here?

Best regards

Christopher

8 REPLIES 8
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Does the version number match between Designer and Server? The full version number.

chrisha
11 - Bolide

Yes:

Designer: 

Version:  2022.3.1.450  Patch: 2

Server:

chrisha_0-1682002503918.png

Firewall allows traffic on ports 80 and 443 per Server documentation. Port 27018 is filtered as we are using the embedded MongoDB on a single server instance (single node).

Any other ideas?

Best

Christopher

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You might need to raise a support ticket. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @chrisha - did you manage to get to the bottom of this one - this is an important discussion as more and more of us start leaning on DCM - and so if you've managed to figure this out it would be great to hear what helped here!

chrisha
11 - Bolide

I talked to support, the fix was simply removing the Gallery connection and re-adding it. Afterwards everything synced fine.

SBK
7 - Meteor

I have a similar issue where I can't sync server connections to my Designer. I can connect and open gallery workflows just fine, but I get the below error "Server response decryption has failed" when syncing connections in my connection manager.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause? I tried recreating the connection multiple times but still the same error.

mjackey
5 - Atom

SafaB 
Were you able to resolve your issue?  I am having the same issue.

SBK
7 - Meteor

Hi Mjackey,

My Org IT folks performed a reindexing of the MongoDB and I believe it's what helped. I haven't come across this error since.