Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx server - Connected host has failed to respond. (10060)

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

We currently have a total of 5 servers, with one designated as the main server responsible for controlling the gallery and the remaining servers serving as workers. Starting from this month we have been experiencing difficulties with the worker nodes connecting to the gallery. This issue has been consistently appearing in the logs of all worker nodes, as well as being observed in the gallery node itself.

Error:
2023-11-07 20:50:56.543000,ERROR,5416,AlteryxService,FR20WALXBIP07|37a2598a,a25819b9ac444c20848a04d7a65a6648,634422bc68c02d068c7a218d,,,,,,"S:\Alteryx\Service\AlteryxService_Client\src\ClientConnection.cpp: 330. Error receiving data: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)" 

2023-11-07 20:50:56.543000,ERROR,5416,AlteryxService,ServiceThreadPool,,,,,,,,"AlteryxService_SvcReportEvent: App <AlteryxService> message <Worker <FR20WALXBIP07|37a2598a> There was an error in WorkerThread::DoWork: Error receiving data: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)>" 

During the same issue, we attempted to connect with the gallery server and found that the ping and telnet functions were functioning properly. We have already sought assistance from Alteryx support, who informed us that the issue is not related to their application, but rather to the network and close the cases.

If you have experienced a similar problem, we kindly request your assistance.

Regards,
Ariharan Rengasamy

1 REPLY 1
BenFr
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ariharan, I would recommend a Server Health Check is conducted by your account team. I've seen this error before when one or more of the Server machines are being overloaded. Sometimes this can be rectified with simple setting changes, sometimes it requires more Cores/RAM to be alloacated.

I'll send you a private message so I can find who the relevant team for your region is.