Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Shared Drive Connection Problems

Dave
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

Trying to run some Workflows on the server. The workflows run fine on the desktop software.

The following is the configuration and the error message I am getting. I have been assured the server has authorization to access the drive and folder location. Is there something I am missing in config or my overall settings that is causing this error state?

Any help as always is appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Looks like the server machine can't follow the relative paths that you're using - maybe the directory/folder structure in the server doesn't match perfectly with that in your local machine. Try using UNC paths instead.

Dave
8 - Asteroid

Thank you - have tried that but the UNC conversion button doesn't work in this case in the dependency settings

UNC.PNG

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

@Dave 

If the "All UNC" button doesn't work, then you might have to supply the UNC path yourself.

In my case, I can see the actual path of the network drive in the address bar of Windows Explorer. For example:

• I have a network drive mapped to "H:\" on my local machine.
  • When I use Windows Explorer to navigate to Drive H, I see in the address bar that it's actually something like "\\123.456.78.90\File Server\Some Other Address"

Otherwise, maybe you can approach your IT Team for help with figuring out the UNC path that you need.

Dave
8 - Asteroid

Awesome thank you