Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server DCM Google BigQuery read and write schedule

iansouza
5 - Atom

Hi there, I'm facing an error on Alteryx Server and want to know if some of you have found the same issue and how to overcome it.

The steps I did are as follows:

1 - Create a workflow that reads data from a table on Google BigQuery, using DCM Quick Connect to do it.

2 - Write data to a table on Google BigQuery, using DCM bulk to do it.

3 - Publish the workflow on server.

4 - Synchronize your credentials on Connection Manager to server.

5 - Share your workflow in a collection where a college has access.

6 - Share your credentials on DCM Data Sources with that college.

7 - Ask him to schedule your workflow.

When doing this, the workflow scheduled by my college ran once with no errors, but from the second atempt i got the following error.

Which translates to "Failed to complete write to Google BigQuery: Missing object."

image.png

I've made the tests and it only happend on this specific cenario.

I was following this link to make the connection possible What is Data Connection Manager (DCM)? 

My Alteryx server version is 2022.3.1.430

2 REPLIES 2
JMB001
8 - Asteroid

I'm having the same exact issue on 22.3. This is probably a bug.

Slightly different circumstance though:

1. Opened workflow from server Collection that is owned by a colleague with an existing schedule.

2. Changed output to Bulk - DCM with Connection that both myself and colleague have OAuth access to. Sync'd Connections successfully.

3. Saved workflow back to Collection. 

4. Shared Connection via Gallery > DCM Data Sources

5. Let the schedule run with the new workflow.

When I save to my own Workspace and do a Manual or Scheduled run it always succeeds, but not under the ownership of my colleague who owns the Workflow and the Schedule.

But given that the only Alteryx documentation says, "share the connection", this should work. 

So, I'm thinking the issue is on the Google Cloud Storage side, since it's looking for a missing "object", which is either a Python issue or the GCS storage object is not being allocated.

Can anyone else look into this?

JMB001
8 - Asteroid

Update. The Missing Object is likely one of the DCM Connection objects (the Data Source, Credentials, or both).

Anyone looking into this?