Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server API V3 Macro Working on Alteryx Server

zzy98y
7 - Meteor

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Introducing-the-Alteryx-Server-v3-API/ba-p/899228 

I have found a API Macro on the post above. 

I want to upload/migrate a workflow which build using this API Macro into the Alteryx Server Gallery? 

When I migrate the workflow, the server give error that this API Macro is not found. I have installed this API Macro on the Designer on my server as well. 

Do I need to have a way to point to the Macro for the gallery as well? 

Much appreciated all the help in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Make sure you have installed the macro pack on the Server for all users. Run Designer as admin and then open the installer to see the option to install for all users. 

zzy98y
7 - Meteor

@gabrielvilella 

I installed for all users like you said. When I migrate, the following errors pop up. 

zzy98y_0-1685647005252.png

Is there something I can do for this error? 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Try saving the workflow with the macros embedded. Select them when you go to Manage assets during the upload process. 

zzy98y
7 - Meteor

@gabrielvilella  Macro were all selected in asset manage when I save to the server. 

zzy98y
7 - Meteor

Issue has been fixed. I think due to my different account have different access to where the Macro is sitting. I just copied the Macro to a network drive and make the workflow point to the macro in the network drive, that way, workflow can all access where the macro is sitting, so that resolve the issue. 

Thanks for the help!