Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Admin API Connection to Download All Workflows

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am not well versed in API's and have always had a great difficulty working with them in the past. However, practice makes perfect...eventually. I am trying to connect to the Alteryx Admin API in an effort to download all workflows that were added/edited in the last three months. I am having an enormously difficult time following and adjusting the information from Using the Alteryx API from….Alteryx.

It appears at a high level that this is what I am needing to do but I am not sure if this is significantly more complex than what I need it to do. Is there a way, with the download tool to access the Alteryx Admin API and download all the workflows in the last three months? Ultimately, I will use a macro that will scan through each of the workflows and output what tools are being used and the frequency of said tools.

Any help on this would be wonderful.

2 REPLIES 2
Suskil
Alteryx
Alteryx

You may want to consider booking 1:1 time on the Virtual Solutions Center to discuss your use case

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @Link86 

You are on the right track so don't give up quite yet! Can you post a screenshot of what you have configured or what error you are running into? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks