Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Action tool is passing NAME not VALUE from NAME:VALUE pair in a drop down list on 2023.1

wwatson
12 - Quasar

I have an app that uses a drop down list and an action tool to update the sql statement in an in-db tool.

This work fine running the app in designer. It was working fine on server in 2022.1 but since we upgraded to 2023.1 it is not working.

The action tool is passing the NAME not the VALUE from the NAME:VALUE pair in from the drop down list.

This is a bug.

9 REPLIES 9
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @wwatson ,

If you believe this is a bug, please submit a case to Alteryx support letting them know about this. Usually, they request an example so they can recreate in their environment.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

wwatson
12 - Quasar

defect ticket raised by the support team: Jira GCSE-1437

AlexFR
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I also believe that’s a major issue. Any news on it ?

We are stuck on many apps.

alex

Linas
8 - Asteroid

Any news on this? We also noticed this issue on the same version. The dropdown works on designer, but the behaviour changes on the server...

AlexFR
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

@Linas / @wwatson / @fmvizcaino 

We had no news, but i wrote this morning to Alteryx Support, such we could not finalize the update process. The case number is : 00627584

Kind regards,

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide

Sounds like an Amateur mistake 😱

Linas
8 - Asteroid

I got an update from support:

We are very sorry to see you are running into this issue. You are running into a known defect: "TPRI-2043 - 2023.1 Drop Down and List Box Tools return NAME from NAME:VALUE pair in Gallery rather than VALUE".  This is fixed in 2023.1.1_Patch2 which is scheduled (tentatively) for Aug 14 release. 

The issue is documented with this Knowledge Base article .

liamr
6 - Meteoroid

Has anyone patched to 2023.1.1.247 (Released 22/08) that can confirm it's resolved? It's not in the Known issues/fixes list on https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/server/server-20231-release-notes

Seems like the problem related to NAME:VALUE pairing was solved, but other problems do remain unsolved. In particular, the tree tool in chained apps is not working correctly.