Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

API token issue in macro causing error on Gallery

btuchyner
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have an iterative macro that makes an API call. The token can be the same for every iteration, therefore I pass that into the macro as a parameter from the workflow that references the macro. The macro input tool has a placeholder token that worked at the time I built the macro, but is now expired. In fact there is a "!" in Designer on a particular tool that is expecting certain data that isn't there since the macro doesn't work at all on its own due to the expired token. That's ok because the macro will be receiving a non-expired token every time it runs. And in fact it runs fine if I run the workflow that references the macro in Designer.

But when I try to run in Gallery, I get an error, and it won't run. It seems I could fix it by having the interative macro generate a new token every time it runs, but it seems like this would really slow things down. Is there a setting or something to get around this and have it just work, like it does in Designer? Thanks!

btuchyner_0-1675870997434.png

1 REPLY 1
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you have a tool that is expecting a data that is not there, one way you can solve this is by having a Text Input tool with just the field names needed and then Union before the tool that is expecting that data. 

gabrielvilella_0-1675905371583.png 

gabrielvilella_1-1675905397274.png