Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Inspire 2018: Tips & Tricks

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Our incredible user community came through once more with their most valuable Alteryx tips & tricks, these along with our own are now captured in our Tips & Tricks 2018 book.

Our sincere gratitude to our user community for their contributions and for attending our session at Inspire 2018 !

Enclosed is our 100 + pages of tips & tricks … enjoy !

2x2-tipstricks.jpgAlteryxEU.jpg

Margarita, Henriette & Jessica

Customer Support Engineering

Attachments
Comments
thomas_bruno
5 - Atom

Fabulous standing room only sessions at Inspire 2018 ladies!

Margarita suggested I add a tip .... when viewing large workflows it is easy to zoom out and then selectively zoom back into a different section by combining Ctrl, Mouse Scroll wheel and the Mouse pointer's location.

Zoom out w/Ctrl+Scroll but then move your mouse pointer over a section of interest and Ctrl+Scroll to "drop down into" the view.

Quick way to zoom out to 50,000 foot view and instantly drop back down into an entirely different section.

paultno
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for sharing!  You two were amazing with a packed house! 

We were wondering if you had just the slides for your presentation?  

Thank you again!

chandramouli1
7 - Meteor

Can someone also share the presentation on Data Audits and error handling,...

Thanks,

Arun

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@chandramouli1

You will receive in the next week or so the presentation you attended at Inspire via email.

DanM

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Wow.. this is some amazing content!  I am going to take a print out right away and keep it at my desk :)

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Tips & Tricks A.k.a. "The Bible of using Alteryx"

Awesome job! (Like always)

Best,

_AG_

vkarthik21
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @MargaritaW for the link. I would just like to point out that, when we click on the 'Download' we are presented with two screens with some kind of error message popping out. Using the down arrow button on the bottom-right of the screen we are able to download. I feel this can be avoided.

cking6178
8 - Asteroid
This is really great stuff! One quick note - page 31 recommends inserting a select tool before the joins to rename the fields. No need to add that step, the Join tool has similar features to the Select tool. You can reorder and rename your fields w/in the tool itself.
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @cking6178 

You're correct, but that SELECT within the Join tool, only affects the records on the J output, while L & R Outputs, will remain "untouched".

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @Aguisande  and @cking6178  !! great exchange as I'm looking to make improvements to the book, I will add the good observations you both made! Thanks for your help !