Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Tittle of the container. Possibility to split the tittle into couple of rows.

Very often, I used a container to make notes about certain parts of the workflow. Some of the comments that I created are pretty long. Could the user have the possibility to have at least rows for the title of the container?

Emil_Kos_0-1627035618539.png

I have created a screen to show what I have in mind. Potentially users could have the ability to turn this option on or inside the container?

Emil_Kos_1-1627035835238.png

11 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Emil_Kos, your idea and feedback are appreciated! Our product team is constantly striving to make our products better, and the user feedback we received is critical in that mission. Make sure to also check out other users’ ideas, and "Like" the ones you'd like to see in the product. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CristonS,

Happy Friday!

I am happy that I could help. I am aware that everyone in Alteryx is doing their best to provide the best possible tool on the market. I will do my best to be more active in the ideas section to help you even more!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I can get behind this idea. This would be particularly helpful in vertical layout workflows where tools flow top to bottom so longer titles in tool containers are very unnecessary and create lots of extra space in the container. Example:

Kenda_0-1632154845789.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kenda,

I am not a vertical user but definitely it is game changer for vertical users 🙂 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm fond of UX ideas to better present the canvas. Nice suggestion @Emil_Kos 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It looks like this idea got some attention from the crowd 😀

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I'm going to add commentary that might potentially be better served on a separate Idea, but I wonder if we could either have an option to not have the Container auto-resize.

This is kind of like having a refrigerator door that is weighted to close automatically. It theoretically is a nice feature, but when you want the door to stay in a particular place and it doesn't, it is maddening!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for the idea, @Emil_Kos ! We've added this to the accepted backlog and will let you know when it's coming soon 😁

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

On the same day as our documentation webinar? How fortuitous!