Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Novel Data Browsing

Slightly off the track, but definitely needed...

I'd like like to propose a novel browsing.

With this new feature you may no longer require the traditional Browse Tool, to the extent that it may be decommissioned later. Here's how new Browse would work.

So far Browse Tool is helpful for mid-stream data sanity check...

But a complex workflow will need so many Browse Tools, thereby wasting a lot of canvas space and unnecessarily complicating / slowing the workflow further.

Capture.PNG

Expected Browse:

Clicking on any tool should automatically populate its results in the Results window without the need of Browse Tool.

1) Tools with a single output: Clicking on the tool or its output plug should reveal its data (ex: Summarize Tool)

2) Tools with more than one output: Clicking on each of the output plug should reveal its data (ex: Join)

Capture.PNG

BONUS: Clicking on the input plug of a tool should reveal its input data

Capture.PNG

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @r4upadhye

Apologies if I've misunderstood - but this capability has been introduced in Alteryx 11 - where you can click on any tool's output, and it will show the equivalent of a browse in the results pane.   I think that the only things that don't work perfectly at the moment are things like maps or graphs.

So it may be that in 11, your request has already been delivered?

r4upadhye
11 - Bolide

Ohh i was still using the older version... thanks for reminding...

Ok, I've just confirmed this new feature in ver 11

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks @r4upadhye and @SeanAdams ,

Changing status to completed as this feature was included in  a previous release.