Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Removing sub totals

georgeowen96
5 - Atom

Hi all, i have a set of financial management accounts that contain various sub totals and KPi rows that I want to remove so i can be left with the source data only and then go on to create my sub totals in excel later. How do i remove unwanted rows without manually filtering the row title of each specific unwanted row? It seems quite manual to me

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @georgeowen96,

It is difficult to answer without seeing an example of the data, but typically with these datasets there is a consistent way to designate a sub-total row versus a source data row. For example, the sub total rows may not have an account number tied to it, so you could do something like [Account Number]!=Null()

If you can give us a better idea of the data that would be helpful!

-Alex

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @georgeowen96 

You can:

• transform the incoming flow, tag unneeded rows, filter, and crosstab for output
  • use muti-row to tag unneeded rows, filter, and output
  • use select records to filter (if your schema is fixed and predictable)

Kindly provide before and after samples; the community will impact you more meaningfully. 👍

Cheers!

Labels