Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to Template with Merge Cells

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for your expertise on how are we going to enter the following fields in a merge cells using a template. The output should be look like this.

KamenRider_0-1661095102164.png

Attaching the template for your reference.

Looking forward for your assistance.

Thanks,

Kamen

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @KamenRider 

Option -1: If you want to output to an existing excel template you can follow the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS4mVoYsjzw

Option -2: If you want to create the file in Alteryx itself with no template file you can follow the below guide

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Create-Merged-Cells-in-Reports-Part-2/ba-p/9787...

Hope this helps : )

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thanks for the response and videos. I've already seen the samples. My scenario is that I have a template and have tried your video #1 however when I'm tried connecting the workflow to produce output, the output only shows me "May-2022" where my range is from C1 to K1 in the output tool. The other two, Jun-2022 and July-2022 is not appearing. Can you guess why?

I can't determined what's the issue. So what I did is to create 3 inputs using text tool and 3 output tools which works fine. However I still wanted to automate this one rather than typing this and having long process. Please help.

Thanks and looking forward.

Kamen

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @KamenRider 

Can you please share with me the workflow you have tried? I can take a look into it.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @atcodedog05 

I apologize, I don't have workflow outside the office. But then I have created an screenshot for you to visualize. As I said, each input file has its month and year. I have

tried combining the 3 months in one input file but the other two is not appearing in the workflow. I'm not sure why? Also I would like to connect those months in the email using a formula tool stating "From May to July Review" where if it is possible for May and July to appear at the end without manually typing it.

monthly.JPG

monthly3.JPG

monthly2.JPG

Please let me know if you still have inquiries.

Looking forward. Thanks,

Kamen

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @KamenRider 

You need to configure to specific ranges like this. This setup is working for me.

atcodedog05_0-1661227816083.png

It's not possible to create dynamic header creation while using a template file. Refer to option 2 for dynamic header creation in reports.

Hope this helps : )

Labels