InAlteryx Designer 2019.1.4, after adding Browse tools to all of the output anchors of a tool using Right-click > Add All Browses OR Ctrl + Shift + B, running the workflow returns an Unhandled Exception error. The workflow runs indefinitely until Designer is canceled from Windows Task Manager.
The full error is as follows:
An Unhandled Exception occurred. A previous action may not have completed successfully. Click OK to send the development team the error log so that we can fix this error in a subsequent release.
The workflow runs indefinitely and cannot be canceled.Closing Designer results in the following dialog:
You will need to exit Designer by ending the process in Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete).
Confirm your version of Alteryx Designer by navigating to Help > About. If you are using version 2019.1.4, continue. If you are not, your error was likely caused by a different issue. Please open a ticket with customer support through the case portal.
Add All Browses to a tool by Right-click > Add All Browses OR Ctrl + Shift + B, then run the workflow.
The unhandled exception error is returned after the workflow is run.
In Designer 2019.1.4, there is a known issue where adding multiple browses to a tool simultaneously causes Designer to crash when the workflow is run. This is because when the Browse tools are added, the configuration is not finalized for each tool. A fix is being developed. In the meantime, please see the following workarounds.
Upgrade to the latest release of Alteryx Designer (≥2019.1.6).
- Add all Browse tools one by one.
- After adding Browse tools, save the workflow before running it.
- Add All Browses with Right-click > Add All Browses OR Ctrl + Shift + B
- Apply the configuration to each Browse tool individually.
- Click each added Browse tool to open the Configuration window.
- Click Apply (the check-mark in the bottom left corner of the Configuration window)
- Repeat for each added Browse tool.