Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Text Mining Tool FAQ

miguelm
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created
  • Alteryx Designer
    • Version 2020.1 

1. How accurate are the Text Mining Tools in extracting text?

OCR (Object Character Recognition) is not always 100% accurate but the better quality text is, the
higher accuracy of text recognition.

2. What if my documents have text moving position, can it be recognized?

OCR layout detection will address moving positions.

3. Can this tool detect single characters?

OCR can detect single characters but this is also dependent on the quality of the text.

4. Can this tool detect signatures, check marks, check boxes, barcodes, tables?

Not at the moment.

5. Can this tool detect standard Medical claim forms such as CMS 1500, invoices, tax forms?

Not at the moment.

6. What open source libraries are there for documentation?

Additional Resources

Comments
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Wow! There is so much to come! Looking forward to the expansion of these tools. Thank you for taking the time to write all of these questions out. They are very helpful!

criperc
6 - Meteoroid

I don't have these tools available in Designer. How do I add them?

miguelm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello, 

You will need to ensure you have the Intelligence Suite License installed and then you should be able to see the tools within Designer.  Please see the link below for more details: 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/alteryx-intelligence-suite

Take care

Carolina_Gomez
5 - Atom

¡Buenas noches!

Estoy utilizando la herramienta de modelado de tópicos, sin embargo, me gustaría saber cómo clasificar los tópicos por grupos de palabras, ejemplo: Tópico 1 = Contiene palabras de Negociación, Tópico 2 = Contiene palabras de promesas de pago, Tópico 3 = Contiene palabras de afirmación.

Su respuesta sería muy últil para mí.

¡Gracias!

Carolina_Gomez
5 - Atom

¡Hola!

Quiero saber cómo se pueden clasificar los tópicos por temas personalizados, o saber qué criterios se toma para hacer las clasificaciones o grupos.

¡Gracias!

Saludos

lovely_priya2423
5 - Atom

You will need to ensure you have the Intelligence Suite License installed and then you should be able to see the tools within Designer.  Please see the link below for more details: 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/alteryx-intelligence-suite

Take care