Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Strengthened SPSS support: input/output all values and labels

I would be nice for the Import tool to be able to import both the expanded and unexpanded value labels from a .sav instead of having to choose, perhaps as metadata if it's inconvenient to do otherwise. It would also be helpful if the Output Tool could be modified to report all the Labels and Values for each record when it outputs to a .sav file.

I merged two .sav files using the formula tool to do some renaming and the union tool. In the output .sav I lose the labels for any variables that were renamed and I lose all the value labels for all variables.

Below is an image of some of the variables in my .sav output file. Notice in the red box, some of the variable labels are blank and the values are listed as none.

SPSS example.png

3 Comments
Mikis
8 - Asteroid

Just commenting to sign up for reply-mails :)

This would indeed be awesome, I'd use it daily

KNG
6 - Meteoroid

Also commenting to follow this thread.  It would be tremendously helpful to be able to be able to write SPSS value labels to a table.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes