Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Repair Macro Path

Capture.JPG

We all love seeing this.  And, it's fairly easy to fix, just go find the macro and insert a new copy.  But, then you have to remember the configuration and hope that it was simple. 

With the tool that's there, the XML still contains the configuration, all that's missing is the tool path.    It would be great to be able to right click and repair the path from the context of the missing macro.

21 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Which version are you using? When do you encounter this error? I ask because we made some changes to macros in the 11.7 release. 

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'm using 11.7.4.  This situation often arises when copying a macro or part of a macro that contains another macro into a new workflow.  If the sub-macro is using relative references it can lose the connection.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification. We'll add this to our list of requests for improving macros. 

adrianloong
11 - Bolide

+1

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

+1

I encounter this when sharing workflows with coworkers that have not set their macro pathways.

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

+1

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Would be a great change. I had to fix a bunch of these after a fresh install. +1

babegeman
6 - Meteoroid

"I encounter this when sharing workflows with coworkers that have not set their macro pathways."

Macros that aren't native to Alteryx should be embedded into the workflow. Full stop. The fact that they aren't is a crime against humanity.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

fharper
12 - Quasar

have this issue with sharing and migration from dev to test to prod at times ...recently moved to 2018.1 but still see it when i am not careful.  I also think it breaks using relative path in workflow dependencies.  but that is a different issue with change control and using relative path as a value ad in migrating modules from dev to test to prod folder structures.  to support this latter I need to maintain current copies in each structure unless that macro is being worked on of but then sometimes someone breaks the naming convention or moves the module forward...etc..