The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multiple attachments to a single email

I believe that in addition to the already suggested idea of having an option to avoid sending one email per record, the attachments capability should be overhauled. Sending multiple attachments in a single email is a common need, but the only Community idea is a partial address of the issue by requesting an ability to use semi-colon separated paths in a single field as the attachment criterion. This doesn't seem to be an optimal method given the potential usefulness of the tool and ease of use considerations. 

I think that a full solution should include:

• The capability to select a (file paths) field of all desired attachments which can then be uploaded into a single email
  • The ability to use wildcards or directories in the file input mode (as you find in the Input Tool) in order to upload multiple attachments to a single email)

This would be a transformative solution to a common email need, and I think greatly appreciated!

4 Comments
adriansilk
6 - Meteoroid

I notice the community idea https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Email-Tool-Multiple-attachments-using-semi-c...  has been closed because it didn't reach ten likes.

I can't find any other threads on this?, but I think being able to specify (delimited, wildcarded and/or path-driven) mulitple attachments into a single email is a highly desirable feature.

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

I agree! This would be super helpful.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

pfiskrat
7 - Meteor

This would be very helpful!

I had 4 email attachment paths that may be null (dynamic file names not created from upstream formula tools due to no records). Email tool errors out when one of the 4 attachments path is null.

After some research I discovered a solution to create a macro to modify the XML of the Email tool, but if I could have just passed a single list of paths to be attached to the email that would have solved this much quicker!