Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Manage Assets Box

When saving a workflow to the gallery, the manage assets box is a fixed size. Due to the length of our file paths, the full path name is cut off. This makes it difficult when trying to package macros to select the correct box. I understand you can group assets by tool, however with the more complicated workflows this can still present it's challenges. I'd like to see this box to be re-sizeable.

Manage Assets Box.png

4 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thanks for submitting this idea. I can see where this would be frustrating. We'll take a look at this and make a change, so you can see the entire file path. 

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

This seems like quite a simple fix and is very frustrating. I can't see which file is which when they are saved in the same directory.

Option to make window bigger would be very helpful!

Product Suggestions - (3) Manage Workflow Assets.PNG

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

So happy this is coming soon. Much needed!!!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea is being updated to implemented as a scroll bar was added to the Manage Assets window in a previous version, this scroll bar allows users to have full visibility into the file path from end to end.