The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make the Flexnet license portal useful

The Alteryx.Flexnetoperations.com  license management site needs major work.

On the View Licenses page it shows all licenses going back several years. A basic need is to show only licenses which haven't expired, but that is not an option.You cannot even sort on the expiration column while you can sort on most others columns.

The most simple need is to see a list of my current active license users - but I do't see a way to do that.

I tried an "Advanced Search" and chose  expiration date after 2019-10-29 and none of my licenses which expire in 2020 appear - I get a blank list.

Similarly on the administer machines page you cannot filter to hide expired licenses or even on the licenses column (which doesn't sort either).

The help link on the page doesn't bring you to help specific to that page but the general activation help front page. After several clicks I found this page:

https://help.alteryx.com/licensing/current/Administer/AdministerMachines.htm?tocpath=Administer%7C__...

But  the help is incomplete (doesn't list Machine types or the difference between Active and Inactive)

Also, there is no export capability - copy and pasting into Excel is a formatting headache as it brings in check-boxes.

Lots of room for improvement here.

Cheers,

Bob

P.S. I understand that work is being done on this, but an ETA would be greatly appreciated.

13 Comments
NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Updates to the license portal were released earlier this year! Much friendlier format, bulk operations, and more 😁 Check it out!

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

The new portal is a significant improvement, thank you.

A couple of issues that I'm still seeing...

1. Speed - the new Portal is generally more responsive than the old one but still very slow. It seems like it makes fresh queries to the backend database with pretty much any activity?

2. Bug in the User export - there appears to be a bug in the export from the Users view (all details) which means that the Designer license key and other details are missing from a consistent but seemingly random set of users. This has been reported to the Alteryx support team. Note that the export from the License view contains the missing information, so if you want a list of licensed users only then that is the view to use. If you want a list of registered users (including currently unlicensed) then you need to use the Users view export to get all of the users but you will also need the License view export to get a correct list of users with assigned keys. This only impacts a few of our users <5 of ~100 seats. I suspect a missing / corrupt foreign key for some records.

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

@David_Clark 

>> You cannot revoke an old license and assign a new one.

I'm not sure why you think you would be able to do this since the licensing model is that the license is activated from the host machine?

Also I'm intrigued by how often you would need to do this? The license keys that we have do not change on renewal (unlike for some other vendor's we have to support) so that I have never found a situation where I have needed to change a host/user's license key. Can you expand on the use case?

What I dearly would like is for the license registration process to actually validate the email address supplied. This would significantly reduce the issues we have with internal license re-certification where we are often unable to link license records back to our internal user dictionary due to mis-typed email addresses.

>>Export is broken

I set out my experience with export in my earlier comment. I'd be interested to know if you have found other issues and exactly what they are.

Paul