The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make "Browse" One-Click Pop Up Again

I know it sounds trivial, but I hate having to do the extra click to get the browse tool to pop out.  Just upgraded from 2020.2 to 2021.3.  Before, you could pop out a browse window in 2 clicks:

2022-03-16 07_31_50-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow1_.png

Now you need 3 clicks:

2022-03-16 07_31_37-Clipboard.png

Like I said, I know it sounds trivial, but when you do this dozens of times a day, it adds up to a big annoyance. 

Anyway, was just wondering if enough others felt the same and if so, hopefully the browser behavior could be pushed back to a 2 click pop out.  

Although I must say that I just LOVE the comma inserter.

3 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I actually don't really use this, but is this similar to this idea @mbarone ? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/One-button-to-show-results-in-new-window/idi... 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah yes, very similar.  It's been so long, but I think a really old version had the true one-click pop out (and it sounds like the link you posted wants to get back to this state).  I actually forgot about that so my request here was just to go back to the 2020.x versions, but I like the other idea better!!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes