Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Introduction of a "Correct" Join Tool

Hello,

I really apologized if this has been posted before with some other title.

I started with Alteryx month ago and I am really trying to replicate some cool stuff for which we used to write ETL code in Python and loved it.

I saw a lot of posts regarding a Join Tool for left outer join or right outer join. While using Alteryx as a new person even I was confused with the Join tool since I was missing on numbers and ratios then I used Union Tool to union left and inner anchor of the output for the desired output.

I believe there should be a checkbox in the Join Tool for the Union Tool option.

I know its just a matter of dragging one more tool on Canvas but this is regarding with more flexibility and ease of use for every Alteryx user.

Thank you.

Regards,

Owais

2 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback and idea!

We’re currently working diligently to insure all product ideas are reviewed and commented on by Alteryx when the necessary criteria are met. If you haven’t yet, check out our Submission Guidelines which go over the idea boards in a bit greater detail.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes