The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In-Database Update and/or Delete

DELETE from Source_Data Where ID in

SELECT ID from My_Temp_Table where FLAG = 'Y'

Essentially, I want to update a DB table with either an update or with the deletion of rows.  I can't delete all of the data.  My work around will be to create/insert into a table the keys that i want to delete and try to use a input/output tool with SQL that performs the delete.  Any other suggestions are welcome, but a tool is best.

Thanks,

Mark

50 Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

here's a picture....capture.jpg

here's a video....

That's my 2 cents,

Mark

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MarqueeCrew,

Thanks- we have a design to implement the functionality you ask for above. We want to validate that design, so please let us know if you can participate in a call this week or next.

Best,

Alex

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Shirley,

you can can count me in. 

MJP
6 - Meteoroid

Alex,

A question prompted by the example posted by @MarqueeCrew: Is the functionality being considered for In-DB or local tools?  I have a particular interest in the In-DB side since we work with fairly large data sets.  If you need input for the In-DB tools similar to what MarqueeCrew sent for the local tools, please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I was just using the in memory tools for easy understanding given their intuitive anchors. This is all meant for in-dB. I was the originator of this thread. 

MJP
6 - Meteoroid

Alex: Please count me in. I would be happy to provide any input or feedback you think would be helpful.

MarqueeCrew: Got it.  Thanks.

Michael

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks, @MarqueeCrew and @MJP,

I'll be reaching out in the next week to coordinate a call! 

Opportunity is still open for anyone else who'd like to join- let me know!

Best,

Alex

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

How did this test go?  Do you still need testers?  Thanks!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@ARich & @MarqueeCrew Has this functionality been included in the 2018.4 release? According to the release notes it seems like it has: https://help.alteryx.com/ReleaseNotes/Designer/Designer_2018.4.htm

The Write Data In-DB tool now supports the conditional update and deletion of rows in a SQL Server table (ODBC) based on incoming records.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented for SQL Server in the 18.4 release!