Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

In-Database Update and/or Delete

DELETE from Source_Data Where ID in

SELECT ID from My_Temp_Table where FLAG = 'Y'

Essentially, I want to update a DB table with either an update or with the deletion of rows.  I can't delete all of the data.  My work around will be to create/insert into a table the keys that i want to delete and try to use a input/output tool with SQL that performs the delete.  Any other suggestions are welcome, but a tool is best.

Thanks,

Mark

50 Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

here's a picture....capture.jpg

here's a video....

That's my 2 cents,

Mark

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MarqueeCrew,

Thanks- we have a design to implement the functionality you ask for above. We want to validate that design, so please let us know if you can participate in a call this week or next.

Best,

Alex

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Shirley,

you can can count me in. 

MJP
6 - Meteoroid

Alex,

A question prompted by the example posted by @MarqueeCrew: Is the functionality being considered for In-DB or local tools?  I have a particular interest in the In-DB side since we work with fairly large data sets.  If you need input for the In-DB tools similar to what MarqueeCrew sent for the local tools, please let me know.

Thanks,

Michael

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I was just using the in memory tools for easy understanding given their intuitive anchors. This is all meant for in-dB. I was the originator of this thread. 

MJP
6 - Meteoroid

Alex: Please count me in. I would be happy to provide any input or feedback you think would be helpful.

MarqueeCrew: Got it.  Thanks.

Michael

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks, @MarqueeCrew and @MJP,

I'll be reaching out in the next week to coordinate a call! 

Opportunity is still open for anyone else who'd like to join- let me know!

Best,

Alex

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

How did this test go?  Do you still need testers?  Thanks!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@ARich & @MarqueeCrew Has this functionality been included in the 2018.4 release? According to the release notes it seems like it has: https://help.alteryx.com/ReleaseNotes/Designer/Designer_2018.4.htm

The Write Data In-DB tool now supports the conditional update and deletion of rows in a SQL Server table (ODBC) based on incoming records.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented for SQL Server in the 18.4 release!