Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Improvement to Snowflake Connectors when using Single Sign On

Using the Snowflake Input and Output Connectors when Snowflake is setup to use Single Sign On generates a lot of browser windows as the connectors authenticate multiple times (opening a browser window each time) which is very disruptive and disctracting for users.  Any time the workflow interacts with the tools and it authenticates and the browser is opened.

This is driven by the Snowflake ODBC driver using the externalbrowser authentication method however it would be helpful if Snowflake and Alteryx worked together to refine how the connectors authenticate in order to reduce the number, or completely stop the browser windows and therefore greatly improving the user experience.

8 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the idea!

We appreciate all the feedback we get on our correctors and how we can further improve the user experience around them. I noticed you're relatively new to the idea boards (welcome!) so if you haven't yet be sure to review our Submission Guidelines which just go over some of the process before and after an idea is submitted. And be sure to like any other ideas that would be beneficial to you as it helps our product team gauge interest.

pedrofaria
5 - Atom

Any updates on this?! It is really annoying to see many windows being opened to perform the authentication. If someone has an answer, I would be really happy to learn about it.

Thanks!

Pedro.

payyadi
5 - Atom

Exact same issue with our flow and Need a fix asap. Alteryx Support personal guided us here to upvote this to get this highlighted. 

Hope to see this fixed sooner in the next releases.

nik_p
5 - Atom

Came here to add the same challenge as everyone else in regards to integration between Snowflake and Alteryx. However, I was told by an account manager that it could be the way the SSO service is configured as well. Have not tried that avenue yet however if someone does try that approach could they let us know what the outcome was ..Thanks 

zoya_asgari
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Our customer also reported the same issue. 

connecting Alteryx to Snowflake via SSO. Every time a user clicks “query builder,” or runs a workflow they get 2-3 of these  popping up windows. We were able to reduce the number of pop ups by changing the setting  of "externalbrowser"  in Snowflakes configuration dialog but couldnt get rid of it completely. Please update is there is a fix or solution with this issue.

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

Is there any update on this idea? I use Alteryx Scheduler on desktop. The scheduled workflows have failed to authenticate a user by external browser for Snowflake Connection. This is critical for us as our enterprise database will migrate to Snowflake soon.

The same workflows run successfully when running on desktop and on the same machine as Scheduler. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

EW
11 - Bolide

I'm using one of the 30 new browser windows I got from trying to use Snowflake with Alteryx to come here and agree with all of the above.  This is so annoying!!