The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Enhance browse tool for numeric data

Currently the BROWSE tool shows numeric data in raw format.  It would be easier to evaluate a column of data if the data was right justified and formatted with the decimal point aligned.  

Thiwould change this

to 

2 Comments
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Some further notes on this recommendation:

1. This is not meant to be about rounding the data but rather it is a presentation issue. For finance and accounting people who are used to scanning and interpreting large arrays of numerical data in columnar formats the vertical alignment of the data along with the insertion of commas is a powerful assist for rapid consumption.  

2. Excel provides a variety of numeric format display options at all levels (cell, row, column, range, sheet, workbook).  I am not sure what would make most sense for Alteryx but I would vote for providing display controls at the field level and at the model level along with a new environmental variable controlling numeric display format defaults.

3. Settings should be adjustable in the Select tool and the Formula tool at a minimum.

4. This would bring greater visual consistency with the output delivered by some of the R based tools.

5. This recommendation would likely not rank as high value with true "data scientists" but I expect it will score higher with the "citizen data scientist" segment of the Alteryx user base. 

apolly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @derekbelyea, thank you for insight into how you are interacting with the Designer. We are working through ideas for making it easier to work in-line with your results data and will certainly take this into consideration as we plan out our improvement.