Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Email Tool Enhancement (Reporting Palette)

It would be good if the Email Tool could be enhanced so that it can send HTML e-mails, by that I mean the body of the e-mail is HTML based on a field in the workflow that contains a string of HTML. 

Currently we are having to use batch files with command line e-mail clients to send e-mail with HTML generated within Alteryx workflows.

30 Comments
eq
5 - Atom

Has anyone found that this solution is no longer working in 2020.1.5?

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

Any update on this? Is it not working in Designer and Server?

apozzi
5 - Atom

Alteryx support provided a workaround that worked for me. Seems like the Email tool in v2020 suffered some unintended changes that broke this functionality. The solution is to add a Layout tool after the Report Text tool, and use the output of Layout in the Email tool.

apozzi_0-1603729618409.png

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

I tried this solution and it didn't work for me.  I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

apozzi
5 - Atom

Make sure to turn "Validate PCXML" off on the Report Text tool, and use the Layout output on the email tool.

apozzi_0-1603733580211.png

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, that worked!!!

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Pretty sweet, but I had my superstar guy write an integration with SendGrid to allow me to get these emails out the door.  

acowpy
8 - Asteroid

@brianscott any chance you could share the sendgrid integration as a macro?

brianscott
11 - Bolide

@https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3735  Can probably help you.  Unclear if it is marcorized or not. 

Err.  Didn't paste right.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3735

Just follow that link and message him.  He is a good dude. 

AishwaryaDevaraj
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

i am using email tool in my workflow and getting body message as "

X-Mailer: SRCMimeMessage

Content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="970054dad8d13f6f210ae7cf3"

Mime-version: 1.0" and some more html code.

i am using report text and mail tool for sending mail.it was working fine till last week.

can someone suggest what would be the cause for this ?