The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Email Tool: Allow "Display Name" option for sender name per RFC2822 Standards

This is a feature request based on my comment submitted here: Email Tool: Format "From" field to accommodate "Di... - Alteryx Community

It would be great to provide an option in the Designer Email Tool to allow us to specify a "Display Name" when sending emails.  The "Display Name" is a common part of the email specs listed here: RFC2822 - Section 3.4 (Address Specification) 

The email gateway/service that I'm using will send emails, but the "From" line will reflect only the email address.

For example, it will show an email as being from "john.smith@example.com" where I would love for it to show up as from "Smith, John".  This would make emails appear like other internal company emails in our company Outlook clients, and in general provides more useful flexibility for the Email tool. 

Many other email clients support using Display Name, but it appears that Alteryx currently doesn't.

The format of an email address with Display Name is something like "Smith, John" <john.smith@example.com> (with or without the quotes).

5 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great idea!

AcevedoYo
8 - Asteroid

Commenting on this even though it's been a while... It's one of those quality of life things that makes a huge difference.

jpbred
5 - Atom

There's another similar idea out there...  
Is there a way to merge them?  ...but only if it counts both of my votes. 👍👍

Idea -- Enable "Friendly Name" on Email tool 

Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

I have come looking for a solution to this and so am 100% behind this idea.....being able to push who the email is from, rather than just the left of the @ would add great value to an existing process that I have an increase the email pick up ratios

MotownSlonny
5 - Atom

please there must be a way!