The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

EXtending the help

Hi,

Today I pressed F1 in the Output Tool to find out what the setting Transaction Size does. It turned out that this is not documented.

It would be a great idea to make a documentation that covers the options of a tool.

Regards,

Frank 

4 Comments
PaulaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for bringing that to our attention! The information about the Transaction Size for the Output Data tool can be found on the Output Options Help page via a link on the Output Data tool page but we will work to make that information a bit easier to find. Thank you!

Frank
6 - Meteoroid

You're right, now I was able to find it. I should have looked better.

By the way: your URL is broken. It should be: http://help.alteryx.com/10.1/Output_Options.htm

My suggestion would be to make section on the page where one can find the pages that give more detail to the subject. A link hidden in a text is not always noticed.

Thanks for the reply.

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Updating this to Implemented as the help documentation and our integration of help into the product has been improved!