Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dynamic Input Choose Error or Warning Different Schema

Can you please add a setting to the Dynamic Input tool where the developer can choose to treat different schemas as either Errors, Conv Errors or a Warning?

Depending on which of these issues are flagged during a workflow run my management of it differs. I tend to ignore warnings, yet pay attention to Errors and Conv Errors.

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AndrewW  - am I right that this would then mean that if the schema is different, and you set this to warning or ignore, then the Dynamic Input tool would union the data to form the new schema?

This would simplify the need to read multiple different schema into a dataset.

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

@SeanAdamsmy Alteryx is a bit rusty, I haven't used it for over a year now. However, I recall creating this idea because a change in schema using the Dynamic Input tool didn't error, leaving me thinking everything was ok, when actually a few files had been missed. I think it continued running and ignored the file with the changed schema?

What I wanted it to be able to do is raise an error, so I know something is badly wrong, such as a data provider changing their data structure. I pay attention to errors, but warning are so frequent they are ignored.

Not sure if I would want it to union the data, effectively creating a new schema. Perhaps having that as an additional setting may be a good thing?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes