Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Distribute Tools Horizontally/Vertically

It would be nice if we can arrange some tools on the canvas neatly by one click and having them distributed evenly (horizontally/vertically).

See this picture which worth thousand words.

Dsitribute Tools Horizontally/Vertically.jpg

25 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There are a couple of ideas in this post. 

First, aligning tools vertically or horizontally (without using the keyboard shortcuts). This is now available! 

Align Menu OptionsAlign Menu Options

Second, distributing the tools evenly. @khaiwong demonstrated this in an image in the original post. If you are interested in the even distribution of tools, I'm curious about the canvas user settings you currently use. Do you use snap to grid? Do you show the grid? 

Data2KPI
6 - Meteoroid

Cool idea!  You all have no idea how many hours I spend aligning tools into the perfect grid.  

Bobe
7 - Meteor

I have to admit that part of the reason this feature's important to me is I'm a perfectionist / neat freak. I feel like I can't be the only one given one of the main uses of Alteryx is to clean and prep data for analysis, which seems like it would lend itself to the obsessive types. Or maybe it's me... 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm happy to say that this will be shipping in our release this summer. 

iamfainny
7 - Meteor

@RachelW

It's great that Alteryx has align vertical/horizontal, but has there been any progress made to include distribute vertical/horizontal?

Thanks!

Michael

Brad2
7 - Meteor

@iamfainny Pretty sure on another thread somewhere on the Community I read this feature was getting released sometime of the first half of this year. Sorry I don't have the link handy. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@iamfainny Yes. You'll see it in the release this summer. 

@Brad2 You read that it is coming in this thread. It's completed and in testing before release. 

Brad2
7 - Meteor

@RachelW Is there a badge I can earn for least helpful comment on the forum? Maybe a dunce cap?

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Brad2 There might be a badge, but you definitely don't need it! Thanks for jumping in and responding! 

Image result for thank you meme

iamfainny
7 - Meteor

@RachelW @Brad2 thank you!! Looking forward to it as my OCD is getting in the way.