Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Convert relative files paths to absolute file paths in Debug Mode

When testing an app, I always use the Debug Mode.

However, if I have any files in the app that are using a relative reference (and are not being updated by the app), they continue to have that relative reference in Debug mode.  But in Debug Mode, this Debug workflow is located in a totally different computer location that my app - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp

So when I try to run the workflow in Debug mode, it can no longer find my files that used a relative reference path.

Can you make it so that when you are in Debug mode, the relative references are changed to absolute references so the files can be found?  I find it really inefficient to have to either:

1 - repoint my files that have a relative reference to their locations so they can be found when the workflow is run

2 - save the debug workflow to where the app is located so the relative reference works.

Thanks

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your post!

Please keep an eye out for this idea to be included in an upcoming release!

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

That's awesome, thanks!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for suggesting this! With the 2020.1 release (http://downloads.alteryx.com/) relative paths in the original workflow should continue to work in the debug workflow. The release notes for the 2020.1 are available here.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I was just about to post this as an idea, so it’s great to see it is already implemented (currently in 2019.3).