Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Cache from Tool

Other tools that I have used allow you to determine where you are caching from so instead of always having to cache at the input, you could cache after a big join.  This would be great for efficiency as having to run everything through the entire workflow every time is innefficient and I end up spending a lot of time waiting for my workflow to go through the same tools.  

2 Comments
AlexKo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thanks for the idea @kevinbird15! We're releasing a version of caching in the upcoming 2018.3 release, which allows you to right-click on a tool in the workflow and create a cache temp file. Next time the workflow is run, it would start at that cache.

Stay tuned! Let us know what you think once you get a chance to play with this new feature.

AlexKo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Caching's live in 2018.3!

Thanks for pushing this one up on the priority list for us. We hope it will help streamline your workflow development and rapid prototyping use cases.