The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Bring New Formula Expression Auto suggest feature to all expression editors

Formula tool expression editor is very useful. However, I have remeber the syntax when I write expressions in other expresion editor like custom filter, multirow formula etc..

Filter.pngFormula.png

4 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is on the roadmap already - there was a post recently where the team was looking at which tool to target next:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Alteryx-Community/What-tools-would-YOU-refresh-with-...

Well worth you contributing to this discussion with your thoughts on priority!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm so glad you like the Formula expression editor and want to see it in other tools. As Sean mentioned, this is on the road map.  

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! A new Filter tool with a new expression editor and enhanced basic filter functionality (date and datetime) is available in the newest version of Designer released on March 6, 2018. Check it out on our Downloads page. 

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

Update! We're now looking to continue expanding the Expression Editor functionality to all tools that use formulas (not just Formula & Filter) 😊 Stay tuned for more!

NJ