Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Better Horizontal Scrolling on Text Input Tool

Currently if I enter a long text using the Text Input Tool (for example when posting data using XML) it's impossible to see what's in the entire field since the horizontal scrolling immediately jumps to the next field instead of smoothly scrolling the (long) first field. I have to edit the data in Notepad and then paste back into Alteryx to fix.

Alteryx Designer x64 - RFM_pushSF.yxmd.jpg

7 Comments
tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

Yes!

It should wrap depending on the width of the pane.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for submitting this idea. We are working on a new grid and will keep this in mind when we design horizontal scrolling behavior. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

We plan to make some updates to the Text Input tool in 2019. We'll plan to address this issue in the improvements. 

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

The Text Tool has been updated to allow text of any size and be able to review it within the tool. You can find this new functionality in 2019.1

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Could you explain how this works. I'm using 2019.3, and while I get a scroll bar at the bottom to view the other fields, when I'm within a cell it doesn't allow me to see the cursor scroll to the end, without jumping to viewing the next field.

Scrolling in text input tool.gif

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Hi @cgoodman3 ,

Good call and thank you for your comment, after confirming with our product team it appears this idea hasn't been implemented at this time. We're also unable to include it on the road map at this point in time, however we will revisit this idea again once we able better able to speak on the road map and its availability.

I apologize for the confusion and thank you for bringing it up!

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Thanks for letting me know and for the change in status.