Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Always expand expression in formula tool

When we edit formula tool, only first expression is expanded. I prefer all expressions are expanded as a default. When I want to shrink them, I want to 'expand all' icon like attached snap shot. This icon is toggled same as each expression's expand icon('expand all' <-> 'shrink all')

formula.PNG

8 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be useful to have.

YutakaSano
7 - Meteor

I would like to use this command.

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid

Definitely a good idea

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for submitting your idea to the Alteryx idea boards!

If you haven’t yet be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines as well as the other product idea boards! All boards are actively monitors and we appreciate all the feedback we receive for each product.

Sugeeta
5 - Atom

HI All, 

I look forward to the Alteryx Keyboard shortcut for expanding all columns with Formula, instead of doing it manually as like present. 

Thank you

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

This is not approved for the short term, but we will revisit this in the future.

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

Designer Product team is currently investigating inclusion of this idea in conjunction with other requested new functions for the Formula tool... Stay tuned!

NJ

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Ability to expand all/collapse all formulas has been added to the Formula tool as of Designer version 2022.3! You'll see the new toggle in the upper left corner next to Output Column header that will allow you to quickly expand all or collapse all formulas. Happy Alteryx-ing!

NicoleJ_0-1670346893826.png