Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Intelligence Suite : more languages for Sentiment Analysis

Hello,

As of today, only English is available. But it's hard to convince French Customers with french language data to buy the AIS if it cannot work with their data.

Best regards,

Simon

6 Comments
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

For French, you can have a look on this
https://github.com/TheophileBlard/french-sentiment-analysis-with-bert

From what I tested, it worked well.

Best regards,

Simon

veeliang
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @simonaubert_bd, your feedback is much appreciated. The underlying VADER algorithm only supports Sentiment Analysis in English text. We would need to investigate the feasibility of request.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @veeliang 

Thanks. My company is an Alteryx Partner that works mainly with french customers that have data in french language. It's almost impossible to sell the intelligence suite if it doesn't work in french. And I guess it's the same for spanish, german, austrian, italian, dutch.... partners. And as there is not a lot of tools (probably none) that is able to adress such a use case, it can make a huge difference.

Best regards,

Simon

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @simonaubert_bd , I agree with you, we need those! Here in Brazil we experience pretty much the same. We are currently using a workaround translating from Portuguese to English and then using the sentimental analysis. Of course, we have a few misinterpretations, but it works!

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Adding new language capabilities will require training a new underlying model and this will need to be researched. Thanks for posting!

marco_zara
8 - Asteroid

This greatly limits the tool capabilities in most european markets, here are a few useful resources for Italian: 

Italian Sentiment Lexicon | Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (cnr.it)

TWITA (valeriobasile.github.io)