Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

trying to get delta between data on 2 files

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I have 2 inventory reports, one is from last week and one is from this week and I need to get the delta between the 2 weeks. The part that I am having difficulty with is that I have 2 projects from last week's and current week and not sure how to write the formula to get the delta from last week & current by project. Can someone look at my file and point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It's a little difficult to tell without the data (this wasn't packaged), but I would reckon you want to

a) Group by Project (as well as Material) in both Crosstab Tools.

b) Join (instead of Find Replace) on both Material and Project

... in order to compare by material and project.

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Can you look at file again, it shows to be a package. I am not sure about using a join, I tried doing that earlier today when building it and it did not appear to look correct.

Mike

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I attached a smaller packaged workbook.

Mike 

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @MikeFrancis1959 

Just attach each Excel file individually, that would do, as an alternative Google "Alteryx package workflows" although I did not find a simple explanation on how to do it.

Arnaldo

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Here are the 2 excel files, I am not sure why they did not load with the package file.

Mike

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @MikeFrancis1959 

Thank you for the Excel files, certainly they helped a lot. Indeed the ways to compute the delta between the weeks is by using a join tool, the workflow now looks like this:

Solution-01.png

The resulting table includes two new columns Delta and Delta Descriptio, I modified your previous week Excel file by adding two projects (Comcast and AT&T) with Materials no present in the current week, just to verify that all possible combinations are covered by the workflow logic; although one is missing, it is when "Current Week increased" another Delta Description no appearing are when Projects appear or disapear on the current week, anyhow verify the workflow.

Packaging Workflows storyboard:

These are the screenshot to configure your workflow to include extra files when exporting-packaging:

Packaging-01.pngPackaging-02.png

Packaging-03.pngPackaging-04.png

Packaging-05.pngPackaging-06.png

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @MikeFrancis1959 

When you onpackage the attachment on your environment, it is likely you get an error message, as there are two files that were never received, but the workflows works fine.

Arnaldo

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

This works perfectly, thank you so much for helping me!

Mike

Labels