Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

summarize or grouping w/put losing data

coryanthony
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Please assist with solution for my issue. I promise i spent 5 hours attempting to figure out. It is passed midnight and i am losing it.

I have line item expenses with parent and child exception. I want to concatenate these exceptions ( [Exception Code], [Exception Level] [Exception Text], &  [ # Exceptions ]. 

I created a column  [ ELK&Exception Type ] . Then plan on grouping by this.

I used the summarize tool to group by ELK&Exception Type, then concatenate the exceptions. My issue is i have other columns than i need to bring in such as [ Report Legacy Key]. This field can have different keys but the summarize tool is only allowing me to bring it key, (min, max, first, last). Please see data attach.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

It seems like you just need to also Group By the other field [Report Legacy Key]. Just change "First" to Group By and it will keep that data un-"Summarized".

The Summarize tool can Group By as many fields as you like. Doing this could also save you the extra formula of grouping the ELK and Exception Type. Just Group By each field you don't want aggregated.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@coryanthony 
By interpreting your result, I feel we can use Group and Count the field "Entry Legacy Key".

1115-coryanthony.png

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@coryanthony 

In order to match to your provided OUTPUT data, simply adding Text to Column tool, and select option "Split to Rows".

image.png

If I have wrong understanding on your demand, please forget it.

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

My understanding of what you are looking for:

Sample_data.png

Sample_data2.png

coryanthony
7 - Meteor

@AndrewDMerrill 

I lost sleep over not being able to figure it out. now i'll lose more sleep by over the simplicity of it. Thank you so much. 

Labels